Rudin Wants Fincher For "Cleopatra"

Here's the deal: The way I see it, David Fincher may or may not direct '20.000 Leagues Under The Sea', he may or may not be attached to 'The Killer', he may or may not do 'Peter Proud', 'Heavy Metal', 'Oblivion', 'Black Hole' and 'Rendezvous With Rama' – and as of today, he may or may not be directing one more gig, Scott Rudin's "Cleopatra".

What we do know is that Mrs. Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie is set to star as guess who, and Brian Helgeland (of L.A. Confidential, Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, Green Zone and a ton more) is writing the screenplay. Rudin has taken this project to James Cameron and Paul Greengrass; and now, rumor has it, David Fincher shall be given the chance to pick it up or say 'Nah'.

Do I see Fincher directing a Cleopatra epic? Nope. But with a slate as crowded as Fincher's and nobody knowing anything, it's "who knows", right?

Here's the story:
http://collider.com/david-fincher-cleopatra-angelina-jolie/81784/

6 comments:

  1. I once said from now on I'll trust anything Fincher picks and won't voice any opposition. But I truly hope this doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will never do anything with Angie nor Clooney, and that a fact!
    Sorry Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's not my cup of tea either... but if he directed it I'd go and see the damn thing ;)

    http://tinyurl.com/5toko2k

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thought? Fincher's Spartacus.

    -Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that there is a genre or type of film Fincher would not do. From what I've read about him, he seems to decide after having read the screenplay and after considering all matters related, such as budget, people involved and time frame. My guess is, his most important criteria is always a screenplay that speaks to him. Since none of us knows the screenplay, as I assume, nor any of the further details surrounding this production, we cannot possible know how he will decide. But let's just say: If Fincher decides to pick this up, it will certain have the potential to be an amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm...I hope he'll opt for something else, but then there's always a reason behind his film's choices and if he decides to do it, it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete