Casting Buzz For Social Network

It was mere days ago that THE SOCIAL NETWORK popped up as a possible next for David Fincher, yesterday saw the review of the first draft and now: Vanity Fair puts on some mini-buzz about the film's leading role...

According to the news-flash Michael Cera (of "Juno", "Superbad", "Year One") goes head to head with Shia LaBeouf (you know who he is) for the role. My gut tells me to go with LaBeouf for range... but then maybe I haven't seen Cera's range yet and it would make for an interesting casting decision. Cera played one super-nerdy role by the next and I haven't seen him but in the same genre.

Amazing is, this Fincher project is creating a lot of buzz. Unlike many of those project that get named once and you never hear of them again. Let's see what comes of this.

Here's the mini-news / rumor:
http://www.vanityfair.com/...

7 comments:

  1. Please god, no.... not this shabby movie! Michael Cera? Shia LaBeouf? Thomas Schlamme? This is must be a sign that the world is ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... the twin brothers Cameron and Tyler look like such fucking douchebags...! it makes you want to punch them in the face, repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather have Fincher direct American Pie 5 than this hack screenplay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gossip. they don't quote sources or anything.

    i don't think these guys are good for this type of film, specially cera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to direct Steven Spielberg in a reality tv show. How's that for gossip? You know why it's true? Because it says so on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what has become of entertainment? Nothing but reality tv and Hollywood bullshit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I can see, should Fincher decide to direct this film, it will be a tough one to sell to an audience. I can personally see this become a good flick, and apart from that co-director debate, which I agree is a bit odd, I think it is in the right hands. Maybe this is even somewhat like FIGHT CLUB in Fincher's genius blessed hands...

    (I'm just going overboard. No, I am looking forward to this, let's see what happens!)

    ReplyDelete