Rooney Mara Talks


For its fall movie preview special issue, Entertainement Weekly magazine interviews David Fincher's Girl...

Very interesting piece on her auditioning for the part :

At that point I was just super frustrated. I was like, ‘You have to decide. Either you think I’m the girl or you don’t. There’s not much more I can do to prove it to you.’ I went in there sort of ready to fight. I was pissed. But David sat me down and gave me this long speech about the part. Then he handed me his iPad, and it had the press release on it. He said, ‘I’m prepared to send this out. You have half an hour to let me know if you want the part.
On the topless controversial poster :

People have a hard time with strong females and with nudity. But I think had I been doing something incredibly violent on the poster, people wouldn’t have had a problem with it.

And the rape scene :

It was incredibly intense. We did it all in a week — the week of Valentine’s Day, oddly enough. We were working 16 hours a day, and it was really, really challenging, not just emotionally but physically. But it’s such an important scene. We wanted to do everything we could to get that right.

4 months to go...

Go to EW article Here.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know why I bother contributing to this site if you don't check your email lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous and to all contributors :

    FincherFanatic is away right now so I'm in charge of updating of the site, and I don't have access to the mailbox. That is why you contribution can be temporarily ignored.

    But keep contributing though, FF will be back soon ! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete